Brit Survives Latest Bulgarian Resort Balcony Fall
A drunken British citizen has gone out of control in the Bulgarian "Sunny Beach" resort with the incident ending with another fall from a hotel balcony.
The police in the Black Sea city of Burgas report that the 22-year-old man has broken the glass window of a hotel a little after 1 pm Sunday. The police patrol, after receiving a call and arriving at the location of the incident, established that he had no ID documents. They took him to his own hotel in order to identify him.
While the policemen were waiting for him to come down to the lobby with the papers, the Brit fell from the balcony of his room, located on the fourth floor. He has been taken to the Burgas hospital with a broken heel bone and kidney trauma and later released. His life is out of danger.
The young man had arrived in Bulgaria just two days ago in the company of his 16-year-old girlfriend.
Last weekend, a 41-year-old Irish woman tragically died after falling from the balcony of her hotel room in Sunny Beach.
As many as 400 000 tourist flock there during the season's peak and the resort has now become infamous with incidents related to binge drinking such as fatal balcony falls, guests who break and demolish things and create conflicts with personnel and police.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria fails to achieve Good Placement in Sustainable Tourism Ranking
- » Bulgaria: Burgas ranks as the Twentieth-Best City for a Scenic Drive
- » In April: Bulgarians Traveled the most to Neighboring Countries
- » Bulgaria: No more Dogs on the Beach in Varna
- » Summer Holiday in Bulgaria: Visitors can now Prepay Online for Umbrellas and Sunbeds on the Beach
- » Bulgaria expects 13 million Foreign Tourists in 2023