New Civil Movement Launched in Bulgaria
A new civil movement, "Modern Bulgaria," is officially launched Sunday, introduced by a national initiative committee.
The committee has 77 members from all over the country, nominated by civic and professional organizations, and includes university professors, municipal councilmen, and experts. Some prominent names among them are: Prof. Vladimir Chuchkov, expert on the Arab World, the Chairman of the Institute for Modern Politics, Borislav Tsekov, the legal rights defender, Petar Kichashki, political scientist, Emil Georgiev, economist, Ralitsa Agayn.
The founders, speaking for Darik radio Sunday, vowed that the movement would never be transformed into a political party and that they will work for the change of the system to rule the country and for increasing civil control on those in power.
For example, "Modern Bulgaria" proposes to rotate Members of the Parliament by replacing half of them mid-term, along with a mechanism for recalling them with active participation of citizens.
- » Mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria with Temperatures up to 20-25°C
- » Bulgarian Environment Ministry: Three Nature Parks Get BGN 1.5 million Under OPE
- » Bulgarian and French Archaeologists Discovered an Impressive Tomb in Sozopol
- » Moderate Quake in Halkidiki Rattles Northern Greece
- » Bulgarian Regional Minister Explains Green Buildings for a Common Green Future Project
- » 22 Dead as Migrant Truck Crashes in Western Turkey