New Civil Movement Launched in Bulgaria
A new civil movement, "Modern Bulgaria," is officially launched Sunday, introduced by a national initiative committee.
The committee has 77 members from all over the country, nominated by civic and professional organizations, and includes university professors, municipal councilmen, and experts. Some prominent names among them are: Prof. Vladimir Chuchkov, expert on the Arab World, the Chairman of the Institute for Modern Politics, Borislav Tsekov, the legal rights defender, Petar Kichashki, political scientist, Emil Georgiev, economist, Ralitsa Agayn.
The founders, speaking for Darik radio Sunday, vowed that the movement would never be transformed into a political party and that they will work for the change of the system to rule the country and for increasing civil control on those in power.
For example, "Modern Bulgaria" proposes to rotate Members of the Parliament by replacing half of them mid-term, along with a mechanism for recalling them with active participation of citizens.
- » Is There a Danger of an Epidemic of Measles in Bulgaria?
- » Europroject Will Improve Air Quality in Six Large Municipalities in Bulgaria
- » Findings from the Struma Highway Enter the Exhibition "Bulgarian Archeology 2018"
- » NASA Accelerates Its Plans to Land on the Moon
- » 17 Cases of Measles in Bulgaria
- » Is Winter Going Away? New Warm Wave is Coming