Paraguay Kicks Out President, Latin America Cries Foul
Paraguay President Fernando Lugo has stepped down following a rapid impeachment procedure passed in Congress.
Federico Franco has already assumed office as the country's new president.
The development of Paraguay's political crisis has been however decried by many other Latin America countries as illegal and actually constituting a coup.
Brazil President Dilma Rousseff has even called for a suspension of Paraguay's memership from regional organizations UNASUR and MERCOSUR.
Fernando Lugo as elected as Paraguay's President in 2008.
Congress impeached Lugo for an alleged "poor execution of presidential duty" in recent land property related clashes between villagers and police that claimed the lives of at least 17 persons.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The European Commission announced Five Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria
- » The Minimum Wage in Romania Jumps to 663 Euros compared to Bulgaria's 398 Euros
- » The Recession in Germany will be Deeper than Expected
- » Day 582 of the Invasion of Ukraine: NATO Chief visited Kyiv
- » The Republic of Nagorno-Karabakh will soon Cease to Exist
- » North Korea wrote its Nuclear Status into the Constitution