Bulgarian Govt to Invest BGN 5 M in 2012 Tourism Advertising
Bulgaria's Cabinet will allocate BGN 5 M (EUR 2.5 M) for international advertising of Bulgarian tourism in the rest of 2012, according to the government's Wednesday meeting's agenda.
According to the government press service, the funding will be used to Bulgaria's participation in over 35 international tourism expos, working meetings, seminars, and journalistic trips.
Up until 2009, Bulgaria's tourism sector was managed by the State Tourism Agency, whose annual budget was about BGN 5 M. After the Borisov Cabinet took over, the Agency was merged with the Ministry of Economy and Energy.
As of September 1, the Economy Ministry directorate in charge of Bulgaria's tourism will be based in the Southern Bulgarian city of Plovdiv as part of the Cabinet's decentralization and deconcentration plan.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Holidays on Bulgaria’s Black Sea coast will be between 15 and 30% More Expensive this year
- » Bulgaria: 30% Growth in Bookings for Easter
- » The Third Direct Flight from Bulgaria to Seychelles Landed with 176 Passengers
- » The Number of Foreigners who Visited Bulgaria increased significantly in January
- » The Bulgarian Passport is Ranked 42nd in the World
- » The Minister of Tourism: Boom in Bookings, almost No Vacancies in Bulgaria’s Winter Resorts