Bulgaria Near Bottom of 'Sustainable Well-Being' Ranking
Bulgaria is 125th out of a total of 151 countries in terms of of sustainable well-being, according to the New Economics Foundation third annual Happy Planet Index.
The Balkan country is placed one spot below Congo and one ahead of Cameroon.
The 2012 Happy Planet Index is topped by Costa Rica, Vietnam and Colombia. Qatar, Chad and Botswana occupy the last three spots.
Of the nine countries considered as "closest to achieving happy, green lives", eight are in Latin America and the Caribbean.
According to the New Economics Foundation think tank, the results show the extent to which 151 countries across the globe produce long, happy and sustainable lives for the people that live in them.
The overall index scores rank countries based on life expectancy, experienced well-being and Ecological Footprint.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: A Disco on the Northern Beach in Burgas Burned Down
- » More than 18 Thousand cubic meters of Illegal Logging in Bulgaria was Established in 2022
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 47 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria: The Snow caused Problems in Mountain Passes, Yellow Code for Heavy Rain in 11 Regions
- » Bulgaria: Partial State of Emergency has been Declared in the Karlovo villages of Karavelovo and Bogdan
- » Bulgaria: Kilometer-Long Queues and Broken-Down Trucks during Heavy Snowfall at the "Predel" Pass