2 Bulgarians Charged with Property Fraud against Russia's Kirkorov
The Varna District Prosecutor's Office has charged two individuals with fraud committed with Bulgarian properties of popular Russian singer Filip Kirkorov.
The Prosecutor's Office spokesperson says the two are Plamen Madzhurov and Daniel Ivanov. They have attempted to illegally acquire two luxury apartments of Kirkorov, located at the upscale yacht complex "Port Palace" at the Sunny Day resort near Varna.
Madzhurov and Ivanov were arrested two years ago after the police discovered the scam.
In 2007, Madzhurov has worked briefly as the manager of the "Filip Kirkorov Investment" company and kept a power of attorney signed by the singer. He used the document to change the company's head and hired Ivanov as manager.
Ivanov, on his part, sold Madzhurov the said apartments.
The fraud was discovered by the real manager of the company, who is also Kirkorov's uncle. He went to the National Revenue Agency and the Registry agency for another matter, only to be told he did not have the post and the apartments were sold.
Filip Kirkorov owns another apartment at the Ravda resort on the southern Black Sea coast.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Four Dead in Attack Against German Clinic
- » Bulgaria: Daring Robbery on Struma Highway in Pernik Region
- » Hollywood Action Hero Sylvester Stallone with Fake Bulgarian Passport, Found in a Police Operation
- » Crime: Mother Killed Her Own Two Children in Bulgarian Town of Sandanski
- » Bulgaria: Specialized Prosecutor's Office Started Action in Four Districts in Sofia
- » Bank Robbery in Bulgaria's City Sandanski