Bulgaria's Prosecutors Probe Wiretap in Raging Media War
Bulgaria's prosecutors office will probe a scandalous tape recording, implicating publisher of Trud and 24 Hours dailies and chairman of the Union of Publishers in Bulgaria Lyubomir Pavlov, in trading in influence.
"Apparently the wiretapped recording is a private initiative as no special surveillance devices have been used," senior prosecutor Boris Velchev told reporters on Thursday.
The scandalous tape recording, implicating publisher of Trud and 24 Hours dailies and chairman of the Union of Publishers in Bulgaria Lyubomir Pavlov, in trading in influence, was published last week in Presa, a newspaper from the arch enemy group.
According to the transcript Lyubomir Pavlov speaks with an unidentified person, telling him how he will use his media group to get away from prosecution.
He says he will be charged soon, but does not worry about the outcome of the trial because no prosecutor would dare touch him.
The authenticity of the recording has not been verified.
Presa newspaper is published by Tosho Toshev, who is also editor-in chief of the newspaper. Tosho Toshev was former editor-in-chief of Trud daily, which is now the strongest weapon in the hands of his enemies - Pavlov and Donev.
Days after the recording emerged, Pavlov and his partner Ognyan Donev were charged with document frauds and money laundering.
MORE on Bulgaria's media war READ HERE
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Massive Special Police Operation in Sofia (UPDATED)
- » Representative of Bulgaria’s Ministry of the Interior will be allowed by South Africa to the Investigation into “Karo’s” Murder
- » Europol: 28 Arrested for Smuggling Migrants via Bulgaria and Romania
- » A Security Expert pointed out that Kamenov's Murder was Not Typical of the Bulgarian Crime World
- » Wanted by Interpol Bulgarian Krasimir Kamenov-Karo was Murdered in South Africa
- » Bulgaria: Illegal Migrants are detained near Vladaya after a Chase with the Police