Minor Roma Girl Stolen for Wife in Bulgaria
A young 16-year-old Bulgarian Roma girl has been stolen overnight Tuesday from her family to be made a bride, informed Bulgarian police from the city of Veliko Tarnovo.
Police were alerted by the girl's 15-year old brother, who said that four males broke into their house in the Maysko village around 1 am and drove away his sister towards the town of Gorna Oryahovitsa.
Police reacted immediately and 20 minutes later the car of the assaulters was stopped in the town of Elena, upon which the girl was found.
Officers detained four persons, aged 20, 20, 22, and 30, all of them from the town of Lyaskovets, two of them with previous criminal records.
However, when police interviewed the girl, she told them she voluntarily went away with the men to be married to a certain person from Lyaskovets.
Nevertheless, being a minor, the Roma girl was returned to her adult sister to take care of her. Further investigations are being carried out on the case.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Bulgarian Orthodox Church celebrates the Annunciation
- » "Earth Hour" - We turn off the Lights and Shine a Light on the Problem of Endangered Animal Species
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 148 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria has the Lowest GDP per capita in the EU
- » We move the Clocks forward an Hour on Sunday
- » Bulgaria: The Zoo in Burgas acquired New Exotic Rodents