Bulgaria's Largest Beach Resort Opens for 'Optimistic' Season
Bulgaria expects a 5% to 8% increase of foreign tourists during summer season 2012, according to the Minister of Economy, Energy and Tourism, Delyan Dobrev.
Dobrev attended Sunday the official opening of the season at Bulgaria's largest beach resort "Sunny Beach."
The Minister noted that the Russian market in particular is developing very well and there is an expected 15% to 20% increase from there, reminding that on Monday the 100 000th Bulgarian visa was issued to a Russian citizen.
Dobrev explained that for Belarus the growth could reach 100%.
"There are difficulties there with having enough capacity to issue visas and I just spoke with Foreign Minister, Nikolay Mladenov, to send additional staff at the Consular Office, because this should not be in any way an obstacle for those wishing to visit Bulgaria," said he.
There is also a forecast for about 15%-20% increase of visitors from the Ukraine.
Bulgaria's government recently decided to accept national Schengen visas for Russian citizens. The opening of 9 new visa centers in the Russian Federation is forthcoming and it would bring the total to 16.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Wizz Air: 20% Discount for all Flights to and from Bulgaria
- » Rules for Entering Bulgaria from June 1
- » Here is a List of Beaches in Bulgaria with Free Umbrellas and Sunbeds
- » Bulgaria's Resort Sunny Beach is Ready for Tourists
- » Travel Quarantine Rules in Bulgaria, Greece, Germany, Spain, France and other Countries
- » Finnair: Half of Our Customers Planning Leisure Trips by Air, Flights within Europe First Choice