Bulgarian MPs Unanimously Call for Urgent Infrastructure Fix
Bulgaria's Members of the Parliament unanimously passed Thursday a declaration from all political groups asking the cabinet to launch immediate repairs of bridges and road infrastructure.
In a rare move, all 124 MPs voted for the declaration, which states that the 41st General Assembly, while taking into consideration the need of immediate actions in the aftermath of recent extreme events such as a strong earthquake, torrential rains and flooding, calls on the Council of Ministers to start ASAP technical inspections and repairs and refurbishing of roads, bridges and viaducts, based on the inspections' findings and on legal prescriptions.
The government is also asked to prepare a long-term program for monitoring and rehabilitation of roads across the country and provide financing for it for the 2013 – 2015 period from the State budget, EU funds and international financial institutions.
The document is titled "Declaration Regarding Emergency Repair Activities of the Republican Road Network." It was proposed by Stanislav Ivanov from the parliamentary group of the ruling Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria party, GERB.
The declaration was approved in the aftermath of the 5.8 magnitude earthquake, which hit western Bulgaria and the Pernik region in particular, on May 22. The tremors were accompanied by unrelated torrential rains.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria has Paid almost 400 Million Euros for the Import of Azeri Gas
- » Bulgarian-Turkish Business Forum opens Today in Burgas
- » Unfair Import of Millions of Eggs from Ukraine: Bulgarian Producers
- » Balchik- Increasingly Popular Destination on the Bulgarian Black Sea Coast
- » Bulgaria approved a Derogation for the Purchase of Parts and Materials for the Kozloduy NPP from Russia
- » Bulgaria will receive EUR 16 Million in Compensation due to large Imports of Grain from Ukraine