Bulgaria to Finalize Large-Scale E-Govt Project in 2013
The implementation of the largest e-government project in Bulgaria will enable electronic data exchange between over 30 public registers, according to Transport Minister Ivaylo Moskovski.
Bulgaria's Minister of Transport, Information Technology and Communications signed Wednesday contracts with three contractors on the e-government project.
Moskovski vowed that work on the project would start on Thursday.
The total value of the project is BGN 18 M and the first results are expected in Sofia-based units.
The e-government project is financed under the Administrative Capacity Operational Program and is to be wrapped up in 2013.
In his Wednesday statement, Moskovski noted that Information Services AD, a public limited company majority owned by Bulgaria's Finance Ministry, would become a leading unit in the implementation of the e-government scheme.
He added that Deputy Minister Valeri Borisov, who holds the Information Technology portfolio, would be included in the company's managing body.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend