Strong Aftershock Rattles Northern Italy after Tuesday's Earthquake
A second, 5.6 degree tremor has shaken the north of Italy Tuesday, after a 5.8 degree quake claimed the lives of at least 10.
According to the US Geology Survey, the epicenter of the earthquake was some 49 km northwest of Bologna.
No reports of destruction and casualties are available regarding the second tremor, but the first was vastly destructive, demolishing buildings that had suffered the 6.1 degree quake May 20.
11 aftershocks have been felt until 3 pm local time, ranging from 4 to 2.6 degrees on the Richter scale.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria Withdraws COP29 Hosting Bid, Supports Eastern European Group's Decision
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Chilly Mix - Rain, Snow, and Clouds Dominate December 8
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Snow Expected in the Northwest, Rainfall to Ease Up
- » Innovative Graphene Method Redefines Concrete Recycling
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Rain and Snow Await Us
- » Bulgaria Shows Promise in Green Transition but Faces Challenges