2-Magnitude Aftershock Registered near Sofia
A light earthquake was registered southwest of Sofia early on Sunday, according to reports of Bulgaria's Interior Ministry.
The earthquake struck at 7.19 a.m. about 25 kilometers southwest of Sofia, according to data of the Geophysical Institute (GPhI) of Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS).
The quake had a magnitude of around 2 on the Richter scale and was not felt in other parts of the country.
No injuries or major material damages have been reported by local authorities.
At around 3 a.m. on May 22, a 5.8-5.9 earthquake jolted Bulgaria's southwestern city of Pernik and its surroundings.
The regions of Pernik and Sofia have since then experienced a series of lighter aftershocks.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 7: Cloudy and Rainy Today
- » Weather in Bulgaria: A Powerful Storm Flooded Sofia
- » Bulgaria: Ticks Boom Across the Country
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Thunderstorms in Many Places in the Country on July 5
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Summer Storms with Thunder and Hail, Sunny on the Black Sea
- » Weather Today: Rainy Over Western Bulgaria, on the SeaCoast - Perfect for the Beach