Northern Bulgaria under Code Yellow over Downpours
Code yellow for potentially dangerous weather has been declared Friday for the whole of Northern Bulgaria due to expected torrential rains.
The warning has been released by the Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, BAS.
The alert is effective for the regions of Vidin, Montana, Vratsa, Pleven, Lovech, Gabrovo, Veliko Tarnovo, Ruse, Targovishte, Razgrad, Shumen, Silistra and Dobrich.
In western Bulgaria the cloud cover will dissipate.
The mercury will fall and highs will range between 17-22 degrees Celsius on Friday. Rain will persist over the weekend for large parts of Bulgaria. The warm weather will return on Tuesday but temperatures will not exceed 21 degrees.
Rain is expected for most of June as well.
- » Sunny and Hot Saturday
- » 5 Magnitude Earthquake on the Richter Scale Strikes Japan
- » The Beauty of the Amazon Jungle - The "Lungs of the Earth" (GALLERY)
- » 250 Acres of Oak Forest and Pastures Burned near Vetren
- » Weather Forecasters Warn about Dangerous Rip Currents
- » Macron: Amazonia Fires Are an "International Crisis"