3 Slight Aftershocks Felt in Bulgaria Wednesday
Two new slight aftershocks were felt in Pernik and Sofia on Wednesday afternoon after the 5.8 magnitude earthquake that shook Bulgaria early on Tuesday.
The first one struck at 1:57 pm local time on Wednesday some 3 km from Pernik and had a magnitude of 3.3 on the Richter scale.
A second one followed at 2:41 pm with a magnitude of 3.5. It's epicenter was located 7 km from the town of Radomir.
A 2.2 magnitude aftershock was detected at around 4:50 am on Wednesday.
On Tuesday, researcher from the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences explained that aftershocks may reach a magnitude of 4 on the Richter scale, which would not damage the infrastructure. However, objects may fall and injuries may occur.
Tuesday's initial earthquake had a magnitude of about 5.8 on the Richter scale and struck at 2:58 am. Its epicenter was about 6 km from Pernik and approximately 25 km from the capital Sofia.
- » Flock of Pink Flamingos Settled in Lake Atanasovsko near Bulgaria’s Burgas
- » For the most Part Wildfires in Bulgaria are Caused by Human Activity
- » San Francisco Airport Banned Plastic Bottles
- » Fine Dust From Africa Passes Over Bulgaria
- » The Heat and Heavy Rains Will Last Longer Due to Climate Change
- » Weather Forecast: Sunny and Hot with Light Wind