Heart Attack Victim Only Casualty of Quake in Bulgaria
The only victim so far of the strong earthquake that hit Bulgaria overnight is a 59-year-old woman from the western city of Kuystendil.
She has been identified as Lidiya Gerasimova, residing on "Metkovets" street in the Roma quarter of the city.
The news was reported early Tuesday morning by TV7. Neighbors of Lidiya are quoted saying she died in seconds from a heart attack after the quake rattled Kyustendil, around 4 am.
The ambulance arrived immediately and managed to enter the quarter, where a number of buildings are deemed very dangerous, only to pronounce the woman dead on the scene.
The earthquake had a magnitude of about 5.9-6.0 on the Richter scale, up from the initial reports of 5.8 and struck at 2:58 am Tuesday morning. Its epicenter is located about 6 km from Pernik and is at a shallow depth, making the shocks felt even stronger.
Despite the strong shock, there are no other reported casualties, no serious injuries and no significant national infrastructure damage.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Poachers Killed One of the Rarest Birds in Bulgaria
- » Two People Have Been Infected With COVID-19 by a Mink
- » Bulgarian State Railways Signed a Contract with Siemens
- » Lake Varna: Tons of Dead Fish at the Shore, What is the Reason?
- » The Sun Has Not Been This Quiet Since the Ice Age
- » Emergency Declared in Michigan - Two Dams Have Breached