Quake-Jolted Bulgaria Rattled by over 15 Aftershocks in 1 h
More than 15 strong aftershocks have jolted Bulgaria in the first hour after the strong earthquake that hit the country at 2:58 am on Tuesday.
This has been announced by Dr. Nikolay Miloshev, head of the National Geophysics Institute at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, as cited by BNR.
In his words, the fact that the aftershocks were numerous and closer together gave hopes that there will not be a second strong earthquake.
No casualties or injuries have been registered in Bulgaria as a result of the strong earthquake that jolted the country at 2:58 am on Tuesday, the Civil Protection Service reported.
The earthquake had a magnitude of about 5.9-6.0 on the Richter scale, up from the initial reports of 5.8. The earthquake was followed almost immediately by two aftershocks of almost equal strength.
- » Millions of People Around the World Have Joined the Global Climate Strike
- » Fire Burned Dozens of Decares of Forests near Vidin
- » We Celebrate the Night of the Bats
- » Rain in the Southeast Part of Bulgaria Before Noon, Temperatures Between 20C and 23C
- » Two Powerful Earthquakes Registered in Indonesia Minutes Ago!
- » Indonesia Returns Tonnes of Waste to the West