Quake-Jolted Bulgaria Rattled by over 15 Aftershocks in 1 h
More than 15 strong aftershocks have jolted Bulgaria in the first hour after the strong earthquake that hit the country at 2:58 am on Tuesday.
This has been announced by Dr. Nikolay Miloshev, head of the National Geophysics Institute at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, as cited by BNR.
In his words, the fact that the aftershocks were numerous and closer together gave hopes that there will not be a second strong earthquake.
No casualties or injuries have been registered in Bulgaria as a result of the strong earthquake that jolted the country at 2:58 am on Tuesday, the Civil Protection Service reported.
The earthquake had a magnitude of about 5.9-6.0 on the Richter scale, up from the initial reports of 5.8. The earthquake was followed almost immediately by two aftershocks of almost equal strength.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Weather in Bulgaria will be mostly Cloudy
- » Yellow Code for Rain and Snow in 21 areas in Bulgaria
- » Weather in Bulgaria will be Cloudy and Rainy, Temperatures up to 8 Degrees
- » Yellow Code for Rain and Snow in Eastern and Southern Bulgaria
- » Cloudy Weather and Snow in Bulgaria Today
- » Bulgaria: Sofia ranks 59th in Air Pollution