Bulgaria's Neighbors Serbia, Macedonia Feel Strong Earthquake
The strong earthquake that rattled Bulgaria at about 3 am on Tuesday has also been felt in Serbia and Macedonia, local media report.
No casualties or injuries have been registered in Bulgaria as a result of the strong earthquake that jolted the country at 2:58 am on Tuesday, the Civil Protection Service reported.
The earthquake had a magnitude of about 5.9-6.0 on the Richter scale, up from the initial reports of 5.8. The earthquake was followed almost immediately by two aftershocks of almost equal strength.
The initial data about the earthquake epicenter, which was first said to be between the capital Sofia and the Western city of Pernik, has also been corrected; latest data indicates the epicenter was west of Pernik, near the village of Rudartsi.
The civil protection and fire brigade departments across Bulgaria have been alerted about minor damages to walls, ceilings, and windows.
- » It Will be Sunny Again Today, with Highs Between 29C and 34C
- » It will be Sunny Today, with Scattered High Clouds Around Midday
- » Warm Weather on Sunday as well as in the New Week in Bulgaria
- » Mostly Sunny Today, with Maximum Temperatures between 27C and 32C
- » Strong Earthquake near Ankara This Morning
- » Wildfire Raging near Kazanlak, 500 Decares of Pine Forest is Burning