Eastern Bulgaria under Code Yellow over Downpours
Code yellow for potentially dangerous weather has been declared Saturday for 14 Bulgarian regions due to the forecast for torrential rains.
The warning has been released by the Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, BAS. The alert is effective for the regions of Gabrovo, Veliko Tarnovo, Ruse, Razgrad, Silistra, Dobrich, Shumen, Varna, Burgas, Sliven, Yambol, Haskovo, Kardzhali, and Stara Zagora where the expected precipitations can reach 20 to 30 liters per square meter.
In western Bulgaria the cloud cover will dissipate and there will be more sun.
The mercury will begin to climb Saturday and will reach 27 degrees Celsius on Sunday. Rain will persist over the weekend for eastern Bulgaria. The warm weather will return Monday with summer-like temperatures – up to 31 degrees in central Bulgaria.
There will be more rain mid-week and the temperatures will go down to 22 degrees.
Rain is expected for most of June as well.
Code orange is now effective for Maritsa near the town of Harmanli and code yellow - for areas near the towns of Parvomay and Svilengrad and the city of Plovdiv and for the rivers of Sazliyka near the town of Galabovo and of Tundzha near the city of Yambol, also in southern Bulgaria.
- » Millions of People Around the World Have Joined the Global Climate Strike
- » Fire Burned Dozens of Decares of Forests near Vidin
- » We Celebrate the Night of the Bats
- » Rain in the Southeast Part of Bulgaria Before Noon, Temperatures Between 20C and 23C
- » Two Powerful Earthquakes Registered in Indonesia Minutes Ago!
- » Indonesia Returns Tonnes of Waste to the West