Arrest of Notorious Bulgarian 'Amigossa' Criminal Confirmed
The Sofia Prosecutor's Office confirmed Thursday that notorious criminal Petar Petrov AKA The Amigo (Amigossa) is in the Sofia jail to serve his 3-year sentence.
The Interior Minister reported earlier Thursday that The Amigo had been arrested several days ago. The Prosecutor now informs, cited by the Bulgarian National Radio, Petrov has been behind bars since May 9.
The Amigo was sentenced by the Sofia City Court for money laundering. He was a codefendant in the trial of the late organized crime leader Ivan Todorov AKA The Doctor.
The Supreme Court of Cassations, however, upheld the decision of the Court of Appeals to reduce the sentence to 3 years of jail time.
The sentence became effective in January and Petrov's whereabouts were unknown for a while.
A search warrant had been issued for him and he has been arrested and sent to the Sofia Central Prison on May 9.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 81 Illegal Migrants were Detained in Bulgaria in One Day
- » Bulgaria: Mass Poisoning of Dogs and Cats in a Plovdiv village
- » Three People have been Detained in Bulgaria for Illegal Funding from the EU
- » Bulgaria: 12 Migrants crammed into a Car were Detained in the Harmanlii village of Bulgarin
- » Bulgaria: A Man Killed his Wife and Daughter, then took His Own Life
- » Action in Bulgaria: Police Chase and Shooting near a Business Building in Sofia - A Boy was Killed