Bulgaria under Code Yellow over Persistent Rain
Code yellow for potentially dangerous weather has been declared Thursday in central northern and southern Bulgaria due to expected new heavy rains.
Under the influence of a Mediterranean cyclone passing over the Balkans, rains that started Monday will be renewed, and at some places will be significant Thursday.
Code yellow has been declared in 9 of Bulgaria's regions, where the precipitation is expected to be heaviest.
Highs Thursday will not go over 14-19 degrees Centigrade, said the National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology, Bulgaria's national weather service.
Eastern Bulgaria will be affected by rains only later during the day, and to a smaller extent.
Weather in the mountains will be foggy, damn and cool, warn meteorologists.
- » Warm Weather on Sunday as well as in the New Week in Bulgaria
- » Mostly Sunny Today, with Maximum Temperatures between 27C and 32C
- » Strong Earthquake near Ankara This Morning
- » Wildfire Raging near Kazanlak, 500 Decares of Pine Forest is Burning
- » By the end of 2020, the First Hydrogen Refueling Stations Should Be Operational in Bulgaria
- » Nearly 900 Asteroids Are Potentially Dangerous to the Earth Over the Next 100 Years