Bulgarian Foreign Min Criticizes Security of Diplomatic Missions in Yemen
Yemen shut put more efforts into guaranteeing the security of foreign diplomatic missions in the country, according to Bulgarian Foreign Minister Nikolay Mladenov.
"The security of diplomatic missions, including the Bulgarian Embassy, should be better guaranteed in Yemen," Mladenov declared on Monday, as cited by Darik radio.
The Foreign Minister's comment followed an incident on Saturday, in which an attempt was made to kidnap Bulgaria's Ambassador to Yemen, Boris Borisov, in the capital Sanaa.
Borisov is in a good condition and is expected to return to his home country within two or three days, Mladenov said. He revealed that he expect the incident to be condemned in the Conclusions adopted at the EU Foreign Affairs Council on Monday.
The armed attack took place at about 7 pm on Saturday. Four men armed with assault rifles tried to pull Borisov out of his car, hitting him on the face and hands.
The Ambassador succeeded in resisting them, remaining in the driver's seat, clearly warning them that they were attacking a diplomatic vehicle and the ambassador of a foreign country.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Russia has Expelled another Bulgarian Diplomat
- » Russian Ambassador in Bulgaria: Neo-Nazism is Rising in a Number of European Countries
- » North Macedonia’s Foreign Minister sees a Last Chance to Save Relations with Bulgaria
- » MFA: The Bulgarian Honorary Consul has not been Abducted in Melitopol, Ukraine
- » Russian Ambassador to Bulgaria: Arms Supplies to Ukraine will complicate the Dialogue between our Countries
- » Russia Expelled more Bulgarian Diplomats