Bulgarian Youths Study with Reluctance
Just 42% of Bulgarians aged 19-24 are interested in continuing and finishing their studies, according to official national statistics revealed Saturday.
Bulgaria's National Statistical Institute revealed that less than half of Bulgaria's college student aged population are really interested in their studies.
According to Eurostat data released earlier, some 14% of Bulgarians in that age group (19-24) have prematurely left their studies.
The National Statistical Institute further revealed that 85.9% of Bulgarians in the age group 15-18 are being trained in the education system.
For the age group 11-14 that percentage is 96.9%, while for 7-10 - 97%. Education in Bulgaria is compulsory up to the 8th grade.
According to data by the National Statistical Institute, in 2010, 781,000 young Bulgarians went to high school, and 280,000 - to colleges and universities.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Which are the Most Popular but Expensive Destinations to Study Abroad
- » Russians are now Banned from taking the English TOEFL Exam, they Cannot Study in Western Universities
- » UNICEF: Almost Half of the Youth in Bulgaria do not have Basic Skills for Secondary Education
- » Students Beware when Traveling to or from these European Airports
- » The Italian Language is a Favorite of many Young Bulgarians
- » Interest of Bulgarian Students in US Universities has Decreased Dramatically