Macedonian Govt Building Assaulted in Albanian Protest - Report
Most windows on the second of the Macedonian government's building in Skopje have been broken by protesting ethnic Albanians, according to Macedonian media.
A bus stop in front of the government's building has been vandalized, according to mkd.mk. The protesters are said to be throwing stones at the building.
Demonstrators have been reportedly heard shouting "Ethnic Albania!", "Die, infidels!" and "Murderers."
Some 10 000 people gathered in Skopje on Friday to protest against the arrests of 20 ethnic Albanians around the capital that followed the murder of five men near Skopje on April 12.
The protest was launched after the Friday prayer in Skopje. Similar protests are taking place in other Macedonian cities.
The bodies of Filip Slavkovski, Aleksandar Nakjevski, Cvetanco Acevski and Kire Trickovski, all aged between 18 and 20, were discovered on April 12 near Zelezarsko Ezero on the northern outskirts of the capital Skopje. The body of 45-year-old Borce Stevkovski was also found nearby.
Macedonian authorities stated "radical Islamists" were responsible for the murders.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 168 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Explosions hit Russian Military Airbase in Annexed Crimea
- » Ukraine Stopped the Transit of Russian Oil to Hungary, the Czech Republic and Slovakia
- » Day 167 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Zaporizhzhia to hold a Referendum on Joining Russia
- » Nuclear Tensions: Russia has told the US it is temporarily suspending inspections under New START
- » The FBI raided Donald Trump's Mansion
- » Day 166 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Amnesty Apologized for its Report but Did Not Retract its Findings