Bulgaria Busts Suspects over Seized Huge Cocaine Shipment
Suspects allegedly responsible for the shipment of 67 kilograms of cocaine recently seized in Bulgaria have been arrested, the country's Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov has announced.
Tsvetanov refused to disclose the number of suspects. However, he revealed that they are Bulgarian citizens from the city of Plovdiv.
"There are individuals arrested, and my colleagues continue working on the shipping companies that have carried out the traffic," the Interior Minister said, as cited by BGNES.
On Sunday, customs officers in the Bulgarian Danube city of Ruse busted a total of 67 kilograms of cocaine hidden in a combine harvester traveling from Argentina towards Rotterdam.
According to the Bulgarian authorities, the cocaine was worth around BGN 100 M (approximately EUR 50 M).
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Begging and Prostitution are No Longer Crimes in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: 1-year-old Child is in Coma after being Beaten in Plovdiv
- » Bulgaria: Mother and Son were found Dead in Kyustendil
- » Bulgaria: A Municipal Councilor in Velingrad was Murdered (UPDATED)
- » Bulgaria: Two People Killed in a Fight between Families in Nova Zagora
- » The 15-year-old Bus Driver who Killed the Policemen may Receive up to 10 Years in Prison