Hollande Triumphs over Sarkozy for French Presidency
French presidential runner Francois Hollande leads against incumbent President Nicolas Sarkozy, gathering approximately 52.5% to 53% of all votes on Sunday, exit polls show, according to a Belgian daily.
Sarkozy's result is between 47% and 47.5%, Le Soir says.
According to the French Interior Ministry, the voter turnout was 30.66% at noon, some 2% higher than in the first round.
Both Hollande and Sarcozy have already cast their ballots.
Sarkozy is facing his Socialist challenger, Francois Hollande in the run-off of the French Presidential Elections, with Sarkozy trailing Hollande by 6 percentage points in polls Friday.
After eight other candidates were eliminated in the first round on April 22, Hollande has led Sarkozy in every poll conducted throughout the campaign.
Hollande has promised to renegotiate the European Union's "fiscal pact," which sets tight budget rules, and he called for a "growth pact" to stimulate stagnant economies and add new jobs.
The choice that French people make will affect France and the European Union and its attempts to manage the eurozone debt crisis. France is also a permanent U.N. Security Council member and nuclear power and has troops on missions abroad, from Afghanistan to Congo.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Мatch for Ukraine is decided between Washington and Moscow
- » Day 277 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Heavy Snowfall leaves Millions of Ukrainians without Electricity and Heating
- » American Combat Drones are being deployed in Greece
- » Day 276 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Six Million Households remain without Electricity
- » China reports Third Consecutive Daily Record for New COVID-19 Cases
- » Musk will endorse DeSantis in the 2024 US Presidential Election