Asylum Is Fate Worse Than Death, Breivik Says
Norwegian mass murderer Anders Behring Breivik has described the psychiatric report that concluded he suffers from paranoid schizophrenia is wrong.
"I received access to the full report around December 12 and I immediately started reading the 243-page document. I was terrified, to say the least, over what was represented as my own explanation, namely what was presented as the content of the thirteen conversations with the psychiatrists," Breivik has written in a 38-page letter he sent to Norwegian tabloid Verdens Gang.
In his letter, Breivik has described himself as a "political activist."
"To send a political activist to an asylum is more sadistic and more evil than killing him!" he wrote.
Breivik's trial is expected to start on 16 April and his lawyers say he wants to be tried as sane, BBC reminds. He is charged with committing acts of terrorism.
The 33-year-old right-wing extremist has been in custody since the 22 July attacks in Oslo and at a youth camp on the island of Utoeya, in which he shocked the world by killing 77 people, mostly teenagers.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The US Warned of the Danger of "Imminent" Terror Attacks in Istanbul
- » The Embassy of Azerbaijan in Iran Suspends its Work
- » Dozens Killed and Injured after an Explosion in a Pakistani Mosque
- » A Greek Fighter Jet has Crashed in the Ionian Sea, the Two Pilots are Missing
- » European Commission: EU Member States can Finance the Fence along the Bulgarian-Turkish Border Themselves
- » Day 341 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Putin Threatened Boris Johnson with a Missile (UPDATED)