Over 70% of Bulgarians Live in Urban Areas
About 71% of all Bulgarians live in cities and towns, according to data of the National Statistics Institute, NSI.
5.3 million Bulgarians, of whom 2.5 million men and 2.7 million women reside in urban areas. The rest – about 2.1 million of whom 1 048 million men and 1 081 million women live in villages.
The NSI data further show that in 2010 about 103 000 people relocated to cities and towns while only 47 000 moved to rural areas.
- » Bulgaria - One of the EU Countries with the Highest Shares of Total Revenue from Environmental Tax
- » BGN 20 Million Allocated for Ambulance Helicopters
- » ROADPOL Operation: Over 3000 Violations Registered
- » Green Zone to be Introduced in 4 More Sofia Neighbourhoods?
- » First Case of a COVID-19 Infected in Israel
- » A Tram Hit a Child in Sofia