Bulgarian Rightists Warn about State Budget Failure
The Bulgarian government needs to update the state budget for 2012, warned rightist Union of Democratic Forces at a meeting in Plovdiv Tuesday.
State revenue for 2012 is bound to be some BGN 814 M lower than expected, raising the budget deficit to close to BGN 2 B, according to data availabe to the UDF.
This will breach values mandated by the Law on the State Budget for 2012, which sets a limit to budget deficit of 2% of GDP, warned the rightists.
"Bulgaria's economy is heading for the edge of the cliff," the Union of Democratic Forces said in a statement adopted after the meeting.
"The ruling GERB party need to stop entertaining Bulgarian citizens with their internal problems caused by their cadre inadequacy, and get some serious work done," added the declaration.
The rightists pinpointed Bulgarian Minister of Finance Simeon Djankov as the one most directly responsible for taking urgent measures to mend the grave situation.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Growth in Bulgaria’s Gross Domestic Product
- » Asen Vassilev: Within 2 weeks Bulgaria will have a Draft Budget 2023 with a 3% Deficit
- » Over 75% of Bulgarians have Difficulty covering their Daily Expenses
- » Kristalina Georgieva: There is no significant slowdown in Lending
- » Bulgaria: Inspections of Fast Loan Companies are starting all over the country
- » Bulgaria: The Budget Committee accepted the Budget Extension