US Sergeant Charged with 17 Counts of Murder in Afghan Massacre
US staff sergeant Robert Bales has been charged with 17 counts of murder and six counts of attempted murder after his shocking rampage in two southern Afghanistan villages.
On March 11, Bales allegedly left his base in the early morning hours armed with a 9-millimeter pistol and an M-4 rifle, which was also outfitted as a grenade launcher.
He shot Afghan civilians, including women and nine children, while they slept in their beds, then burned some of the bodies.
The sergeant was informed of the charges against him at the military prison at Fort Leavenworth, Kan., where he's been held since March 16.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Tragedy in India: At least 50 Dead and hundreds Injured after Train Crash
- » 700 NATO troops have arrived in Northern Kosovo
- » Day 464 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia faces a Dilemma whether to Protect its Border or the Occupied Territories
- » The Richest Man in the World: Elon Musk regained the Top Spot in the ranking
- » The US Senate has approved Raising the National Debt Ceiling
- » The Bulgarian Socialists did not support the EP's decision on Аmmunition for Ukraine