Bulgaria's Top Wrestler Suffers Surprise Defeat in Belgrade
Five-time European champion Stanka Zlateva, who recently was down with a severe flu, has lost her first match in the wrestling championship in Belgrade.
Thus this will be the first major championship since 2004 that Bulgaria's top wrestler will head home without a medal.
Zlateva was defeated 0:2 by Russian Natalya Vorobyova in 72 kg category after sensationally failing a score a single point.
At the end of December Bulgaria's top female wrestler Stanka Zlateva has been named the country's best sports personality for 2011 for a second year in a row.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Mobile Betting Apps: Sports News and Tips
- » Four Bronze Medals for Bulgarian students from the Informatics Olympiad
- » Nurgyul Salimova with a Record Rating in the FIDE Rankings
- » Nurgyul Salimova: I am Proud of what I have Achieved, I Felt the Support of many Bulgarians and People from all over the World
- » After 30 years: Bulgaria Won again the Team World Title in Rhythmic Gymnastics
- » Women's Spanish teams Refuse to Play until the President of the Football Federation is replaced