American University in Bulgaria Rises against Meal Plan Fees
Over 300 students from the American University in Bulgaria (AUBG) located in the southwestern city of Blagoevgrad have rallied against new school fees, including the introduction of a meal plan.
The AUBG students have protested against the increase of the student activities fee from USD 250 to USD 350, and the introduction of USD 350 meal plan, which also binds them to the AUBG dining services.
The protesters rallied in downtown Blagoevgrad, and upon reaching the AUBG building, they were met by AUBG Provost Cyrus Reed. Later the students were received by AUBG President David Huwiler.
The dispute appears yet to be a matter of talks between the university administration and the student body at the American University in Bulgaria.
- » BGN 920 will be the Starting Teacher Salary in Bulgaria Next Year
- » Seven Bulgarian Students Received a Harvard Award
- » Thousands of Students are Taking Bulgarian Language and Literature Exams
- » The Reconstruction of the American College in Sofia was Completed
- » FUNDAY SUMMER ADVENTURE - Summer Children's Program
- » Some of the Libraries in Bulgaria have never been Repaired, most are without a Website