American University in Bulgaria Rises against Meal Plan Fees
Over 300 students from the American University in Bulgaria (AUBG) located in the southwestern city of Blagoevgrad have rallied against new school fees, including the introduction of a meal plan.
The AUBG students have protested against the increase of the student activities fee from USD 250 to USD 350, and the introduction of USD 350 meal plan, which also binds them to the AUBG dining services.
The protesters rallied in downtown Blagoevgrad, and upon reaching the AUBG building, they were met by AUBG Provost Cyrus Reed. Later the students were received by AUBG President David Huwiler.
The dispute appears yet to be a matter of talks between the university administration and the student body at the American University in Bulgaria.
- » An Online Platform Helps Bulgarian Students to Find Internships
- » Bulgaria Will Host the 31st Edition of the European Union Contest for Young Scientists 2019
- » Bulgarian Students in Serbia Will no Longer Need a Visa to Study in the Country
- » The Bulgarian Informatics Team Won 4 Medals at the International Baku Olympiad
- » MES: Bulgarian Students Are Increasingly Acquainted with Internet Security and Virus Protection
- » About 54 Thousand Bulgarian Children to Enter the Educational System this School Year