Ex Bulgarian Cabinet Gave BGN 734 000 in Bonuses in 2007
Ministers, deputy ministers and other senior officials in Bulgaria's previous Three-Way Coalition government have received in 2007 BGN 733 625 in bonuses.
The data was reported Tuesday by the Deputy Chairman of the parliamentary group of the ruling, center right Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria party, GERB, Dimitar Glavchev.
The amount comes from information of the National Audit Office, NAO, after a request from GERB. The bonuses stem from participation of those officials in the Boards of State companies. They were given to 4 ministers, 22 deputy ministers, and 11 members of political cabinets.
Glavchev explained that bonuses for 2008 and 2009 are protected by some unspecified by him classified tax information.
Among ministers and deputy ministers – Deputy Minister of Agriculture, Burhan Abazov got BGN 30 000, Energy Minister, Rumen Ovcharov – BGN 63 000, Deputy Regional Minister, Dimcho Mihalevski – over BGN 30 000, Deputy Economy Minister, Anna Yaneva – BGN 46 000; Deputy Defense Minister, Radoslav Bozadzhiev – BGN 98 000; Deputy Minister of Transport, Vesela Gospodinova and Georgi Petarneychev – 42 000 and 33 000, respectively, Deputy Minister of Finance, Dimitar Ivanovski – BGN 32 000, and Deputy Health Minister, Atanas Dodov – BGN 23 000.
For 11 senior officials NAO found that they failed to declare bonuses in the total amount of BGN 315 470.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend