Top 10 Facts about UniCredit Bulbank
1. Since its founding, UniCredit Bulbank has been unconditionally the No. 1 bank in Bulgaria in terms of assets. According to the most recent data, at the end of the first nine months of 2011, the bank's assets are over BGN 12 B.
2. Thanks to UniCredit Bulbank over 1 600 young families enjoy a new home – this is how many "First Home" mortgage loans the bank provided in 2010 and the first half of 2011.
3. Over 1.3 clients have trusted UniCredit Bulbank – 1.3 million people cannot be wrong, right?
4. UniCredit Bulbank is a traditional partner of business in Bulgaria – it is No. 1 when it comes to both corporate credits (appr. BGN 5.9 B as of September 30, 2011), and corporate deposits (over BGN 3.9 B as of September 30, 2011).
5. UniCredit Bulbank has the highest possible credit rating that a financial institution working in Bulgaria can get – a long- and short-term rating confirmed by Standard and Poor's at BBB/A-3. (By definition, the credit rating of banks in a certain country cannot be higher than the credit rating of the country itself).
6. UniCredit Bulbank is one of Bulgaria's most awarded financial institutions. It has won numerous Bulgarian and international awards. Some of those really worth mentioning are "Best Bank in Retail Banking 2010" by the banking ranking of the Pari Daily; "Client's Bank 2010" by the Bank of the Year Association, and "Bank of the Year" by "The Banker" international magazine. Full list of the UniCredit Bulbank's awards over the years VIEW HERE
7. Thanks to the UniCredit Bulbank staff and their families over 3 000 new plants have been planted in the Vitosha Mountain. In just one October morning, the bank supported the work of the Vitosha Park with over 1 080 hours of voluntary labor.
8. Approximately 4 000 people are employed by UniCredit Bulbank. Each year the bank provides students and young professionals with the chance to join its team through its internship program. A total of 340 young people participated in the bank's internship program in 2011, and about one fifth of them found permanent employment at UniCredit Bulbank.
9. UniCredit Bulbank is among the most socially committed companies. The joint work of UniCredit Bulbank and the UniCredit Foundation has helped for the realization of two large-scale projects over the past two years – creating nursing centers for lonely elderly people in Smolyan and Dobrich (in cooperation with the Bulgarian Red Cross) and a project to prevent the abandoning of children at orphanages in the Haskovo District (in cooperation with the Lale Foundation).
10. UniCredit Bulbank has the best capitalization in Bulgaria with a capital of its own amounting to BGN 1.9 B at the end of September 2011.