North, West Bulgaria under Code Yellow for Severe Cold
Code yellow for potentially dangerous weather remains in force in Northern and Western Bulgaria on Wednesday due to the persistently low temperatures.
The national weather service at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences announced code yellow for the regions of Vidin, Montana, Vratsa, Pleven, Lovech, Gabrovo, Veliko Tarnovo, Sofia Region, Sofia, Pazardzhik and Pernik.
On Wednesday morning, the mercury in the capital Sofia dropped to about -20 degrees C, while the wind in northern Bulgaria created a significant windchill.
Temperatures across the country will range between -2 and -5 degrees C on Wednesday and are expected to slightly decrease in the next two days.
The heavy snowfall, which caused major traffic and power supply problems throughout Bulgaria last week, has abated.
The main roads are opened and cleared for traffic, and a ban on freight trucks travel has been lifted.
- » Millions of People Around the World Have Joined the Global Climate Strike
- » Fire Burned Dozens of Decares of Forests near Vidin
- » We Celebrate the Night of the Bats
- » Rain in the Southeast Part of Bulgaria Before Noon, Temperatures Between 20C and 23C
- » Two Powerful Earthquakes Registered in Indonesia Minutes Ago!
- » Indonesia Returns Tonnes of Waste to the West