North, West Bulgaria under Code Yellow for Severe Cold
Code yellow for potentially dangerous weather remains in force in Northern and Western Bulgaria on Wednesday due to the persistently low temperatures.
The national weather service at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences announced code yellow for the regions of Vidin, Montana, Vratsa, Pleven, Lovech, Gabrovo, Veliko Tarnovo, Sofia Region, Sofia, Pazardzhik and Pernik.
On Wednesday morning, the mercury in the capital Sofia dropped to about -20 degrees C, while the wind in northern Bulgaria created a significant windchill.
Temperatures across the country will range between -2 and -5 degrees C on Wednesday and are expected to slightly decrease in the next two days.
The heavy snowfall, which caused major traffic and power supply problems throughout Bulgaria last week, has abated.
The main roads are opened and cleared for traffic, and a ban on freight trucks travel has been lifted.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Poachers Killed One of the Rarest Birds in Bulgaria
- » Two People Have Been Infected With COVID-19 by a Mink
- » Bulgarian State Railways Signed a Contract with Siemens
- » Lake Varna: Tons of Dead Fish at the Shore, What is the Reason?
- » The Sun Has Not Been This Quiet Since the Ice Age
- » Emergency Declared in Michigan - Two Dams Have Breached