2 Mild Earthquakes Felt in Southeastern Bulgaria
Two mild earthquakes were felt in the first hour of Friday morning in the area of the towns of Elhovo and Topolovgrad in southeastern Bulgaria.
The quakes measured 3.1 and 3.5 on the Richter scale respectively and were registered a little after midnight, about 260 km southeast of the capital Sofia, the National Institute of Geophysics, Geodesy and Geography at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS) said in a statement.
The tremor was lightly felt in a number of villages in the Tundzha municipality in the Yambol region. There are no reports of injuries and/or damage.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Poachers Killed One of the Rarest Birds in Bulgaria
- » Two People Have Been Infected With COVID-19 by a Mink
- » Bulgarian State Railways Signed a Contract with Siemens
- » Lake Varna: Tons of Dead Fish at the Shore, What is the Reason?
- » The Sun Has Not Been This Quiet Since the Ice Age
- » Emergency Declared in Michigan - Two Dams Have Breached