2 Mild Earthquakes Felt in Southeastern Bulgaria
Two mild earthquakes were felt in the first hour of Friday morning in the area of the towns of Elhovo and Topolovgrad in southeastern Bulgaria.
The quakes measured 3.1 and 3.5 on the Richter scale respectively and were registered a little after midnight, about 260 km southeast of the capital Sofia, the National Institute of Geophysics, Geodesy and Geography at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS) said in a statement.
The tremor was lightly felt in a number of villages in the Tundzha municipality in the Yambol region. There are no reports of injuries and/or damage.
- » Two Powerful Earthquakes in Albania - There Are Injured People and Material Damages
- » Day without Cars: Parts of Major Cities in Bulgaria Are Closed for Cars
- » Millions of People Around the World Have Joined the Global Climate Strike
- » Fire Burned Dozens of Decares of Forests near Vidin
- » We Celebrate the Night of the Bats
- » Rain in the Southeast Part of Bulgaria Before Noon, Temperatures Between 20C and 23C