Clinton: USA Is Bulgaria's Friend Forever
I promise to the Bulgarian people that the United States will be forever with them, as we have been in the past, stated US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in Sofia.
"It is a great honor for me to be again in this beautiful country and to be able to demonstrate again our strong partnership," added Clinton after meeting Bulgarian PM Boyko Borisov and members of the cabinet
The US Secretary of State said that Bulgaria has effected its transition from an authoritarian regime to democracy in an exemplary way.
"It is a great pleasure to see the progress you achieved in deepening democracy," said Clinton, adding that countries from the Arab World could learn from Bulgaria.
In addition, she commended the work of Bulgarian police and security forces, and their cooperation with their American counterparts.
"Our joint operations against drugs succeeded in stopping drugs for over USD 3 B. Our cooperation led to the arrest of hackers," said Clinton as an example.
The US Secretary of State also commended Bulgaria for the help it is offering in NATO, especially Afghanistan, and assured she felt deeply about the losses of the Bulgarian Army.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Ambassador to UK Marin Raykov: The Absence of Bulgaria From The UK's Non-Quarantine List is Abnormal
- » Bulgaria's PM Boyko Borissov Sends Congratulatory Address to US President Donald Trump on US Independence Day
- » Bulgaria's PM Borissov and Serbian President Vucic Inspected Balkan Stream Construction
- » Bulgaria Asks Committee on Resolving Historical Issues with North Macedonia
- » Presidents Rumen Radev and Salome Zourabichvili Discussed Bulgaria’s and Georgia’s Readiness to Boost Bilateral Trade after the Coronavirus
- » Head of State Rumen Radev Discussed with his Serbian Counterpart President Aleksandar Vucic Overcoming the Crisis Caused by the Coronavirus