Bulgarian Parliament to Probe Ex VP Pardons of Criminals
Sixty Members of the Parliament have signed a petition to establish an inquiry committee to probe the pardons and the Bulgarian citizenship granted by the former Vice President, Angel Marin.
The MPs are from the ruling, center-right Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria party, GERB, the marginal, conservative Order, Law and Justice party, RZS, which recently became an ally of GERB, and the so-called independent MPs, renegades from other parliamentary groups, also supporting GERB.
The news was reported by RZS leader, Yane Yanev, Friday, saying that ex President, Georgi Parvanov, had forgiven about BGN half million in debt to individuals, without anyone knowing who they were.
The MPs demand that the committee establishes the principles, the legal grounds, the order of action and the facts that led Parvanov and Marin to exercise their right of pardoning criminals, forgiving uncollectable State debt, and granting Bulgarian citizenship. The committee is further required to probe all facts and circumstances around all pardons, all grounds for granting such pardons, and if pardoned people have meanwhile committed new crimes.
The Parliamentary Code requires 48 signatures in order to establish a temporary inquiry committee.
The move comes about 10 days after it emerged that Marin had pardoned scores of murderers, drug dealers, rapists, and other criminals.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend