Bulgaria Wakes up to Fresh Snow
Bulgaria wakes up Thursday to freezing cold accompanied by a fresh snow cover, but without new record low temperatures.
The mercury ranges between minus 19 degrees Celsius to minus 5 across the country with cloudy skies and strong winds in the regions of Montana, Varna, Vidin and Razgrad.
Snow is falling in the regions of Montana, Pazardzhik, Dobrich, Haskovo, Sofia, Plovdiv, Blagoevgrad, Burgas, Kardzhali, Smolyan, Vratsa, Stara Zagora, Veliko Tarnovo and the mountain passes in the Stara Planina range (Balkan). In mountain passes there is a ban on tractor trailers and all vehicles must have tire chains.
The Road Infrastructure Agency informs that the roads are passable under winter weather conditions, however, drivers must exercise caution because there are icy spots and snow drifts. The snowfall is impeding traffic more seriously in the regions of Varna, Dobrich and Silistra.
Only 10 Bulgarian regions remain under code orange. Code orange means intense weather situations with potential damage, injuries and casualties.
- » 4.8 Magnitude Earthquake Was Registered in California
- » Warm Weather Today, Temperatures of 22C to 27C
- » What Are We Breathing? 3 Bulgarian Cities with Dirty Air
- » 5.2 Magnitude Earthquake Struck South Sumatra
- » A Municipality in Denmark with an Ambitious Program For Reducing Emissions
- » Mostly Sunny Today, with Temperatures From 23C to 28C