Bulgaria Wakes up to Fresh Snow
Bulgaria wakes up Thursday to freezing cold accompanied by a fresh snow cover, but without new record low temperatures.
The mercury ranges between minus 19 degrees Celsius to minus 5 across the country with cloudy skies and strong winds in the regions of Montana, Varna, Vidin and Razgrad.
Snow is falling in the regions of Montana, Pazardzhik, Dobrich, Haskovo, Sofia, Plovdiv, Blagoevgrad, Burgas, Kardzhali, Smolyan, Vratsa, Stara Zagora, Veliko Tarnovo and the mountain passes in the Stara Planina range (Balkan). In mountain passes there is a ban on tractor trailers and all vehicles must have tire chains.
The Road Infrastructure Agency informs that the roads are passable under winter weather conditions, however, drivers must exercise caution because there are icy spots and snow drifts. The snowfall is impeding traffic more seriously in the regions of Varna, Dobrich and Silistra.
Only 10 Bulgarian regions remain under code orange. Code orange means intense weather situations with potential damage, injuries and casualties.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 7: Cloudy and Rainy Today
- » Weather in Bulgaria: A Powerful Storm Flooded Sofia
- » Bulgaria: Ticks Boom Across the Country
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Thunderstorms in Many Places in the Country on July 5
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Summer Storms with Thunder and Hail, Sunny on the Black Sea
- » Weather Today: Rainy Over Western Bulgaria, on the SeaCoast - Perfect for the Beach