Bulgaria Promised Respite from Polar Cold Wave Very Soon
The severe cold snap that hit hard Bulgaria, pushing the mercury down to record lows, will gradually die out by the end of this week, only to be succeeded by heavy snowfalls, forecasts say.
Conditions will generally remain cloudy and foggy, but winds and temperatures are predicted to ease, returning to their normal levels with highs hovering about the freezing point.
The Black Sea region will remain cold and windy.
Over the weekend, it will be slightly warmer, except for the northwestern regions, and the mercury will finally shoot above zero.
The deadly cold snap, which claimed at least 60 lives in Eastern Europe, began to move west on Wednesday, causing traffic disruptions in Switzerland and Italy.
There were the coldest conditions seen this winter in Eastern and Central Europe, with below-freezing temperatures and heavy snowfall leading to deaths, frostbite and widespread travel disruption.
The cold snap, according to forecasters, is due to an area of high pressure that has extended across Europe from Siberia.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 10: Mostly Sunny Today, Temperatures Up to 34 Degrees
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 9: Sunny and Hot, Temperatures Up to 33 Degrees
- » Bulgaria: 3-Year-Old Bear Found Dead Near Velingrad
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 8: Mostly Sunny Today, Temperatures up to 29 Degrees
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 7: Cloudy and Rainy Today
- » Weather in Bulgaria: A Powerful Storm Flooded Sofia