14 Bulgarian Districts under Code Orange over Severe Weather
Code Orange has been announced in 14 Bulgarian districts due to the ongoing snowfall and the heavy winter conditions in the country.
The road traffic conditions in the districts of Smolyan, Pazardzhik, Shumen, Veliko Tarnovo, Sofia, Penik and Kyustendil remain complicated. The country's Road Infrastructure Agency has received approximately 2000 calls during the night.
All citizens who do not have urgent matters to deal with are recommended to stay at home.
The Lyulin highway that connects the capital Sofia with Pernik has been temporarily closed until the snow is removed.
The winter situation remains most severe in the district of Ruse in Northeastern Bulgaria, while the road conditions in the regions of Razgrad, Smolyan and Kardzhali remain complicated.
The heavy snowfalls in the country are expected to continue on Thursday and Friday, with the extremely cold weather expected to last at least until the end of the week.
- » Millions of People Around the World Have Joined the Global Climate Strike
- » Fire Burned Dozens of Decares of Forests near Vidin
- » We Celebrate the Night of the Bats
- » Rain in the Southeast Part of Bulgaria Before Noon, Temperatures Between 20C and 23C
- » Two Powerful Earthquakes Registered in Indonesia Minutes Ago!
- » Indonesia Returns Tonnes of Waste to the West