14 Bulgarian Districts under Code Orange over Severe Weather
Code Orange has been announced in 14 Bulgarian districts due to the ongoing snowfall and the heavy winter conditions in the country.
The road traffic conditions in the districts of Smolyan, Pazardzhik, Shumen, Veliko Tarnovo, Sofia, Penik and Kyustendil remain complicated. The country's Road Infrastructure Agency has received approximately 2000 calls during the night.
All citizens who do not have urgent matters to deal with are recommended to stay at home.
The Lyulin highway that connects the capital Sofia with Pernik has been temporarily closed until the snow is removed.
The winter situation remains most severe in the district of Ruse in Northeastern Bulgaria, while the road conditions in the regions of Razgrad, Smolyan and Kardzhali remain complicated.
The heavy snowfalls in the country are expected to continue on Thursday and Friday, with the extremely cold weather expected to last at least until the end of the week.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Poachers Killed One of the Rarest Birds in Bulgaria
- » Two People Have Been Infected With COVID-19 by a Mink
- » Bulgarian State Railways Signed a Contract with Siemens
- » Lake Varna: Tons of Dead Fish at the Shore, What is the Reason?
- » The Sun Has Not Been This Quiet Since the Ice Age
- » Emergency Declared in Michigan - Two Dams Have Breached