Bulgarian-Romanian Border Closed over Harsh Weather
The border between Bulgaria and Romania has been closed due to the Code Red weather warning implemented in Romania, Bulgarian Regional Development Minister Lilyana Pavlova has announced.
The heavy snow in Romania has led to the Giugiu-Bucharest road being closed for all vehicles.
All transit traffic from Greece and Turkey via Bulgaria to Romania has also been stopped, Lilyana Pavlova has informed.
Meanwhile, Bulgaria has also been gripped by severe winter conditions.
On Thursday, the mercury in Bulgaria will drop to nine degrees below zero in the afternoon, which will be colder even in comparison to the morning temperatures.
The heavy snowfalls in the country are expected to continue on Thursday and Friday, with the extremely cold weather expected to last at least until the end of the week.
The Ruse and Razgrad districts in Bulgaria are currently suffering the most severe weather conditions in the country, according to the Regional Development Minister.
- » It will be Sunny Today, with Scattered High Clouds Around Midday
- » Warm Weather on Sunday as well as in the New Week in Bulgaria
- » Mostly Sunny Today, with Maximum Temperatures between 27C and 32C
- » Strong Earthquake near Ankara This Morning
- » Wildfire Raging near Kazanlak, 500 Decares of Pine Forest is Burning
- » By the end of 2020, the First Hydrogen Refueling Stations Should Be Operational in Bulgaria