Key Bulgarian Mobster Jailed for 3 Years for Money Laundering
Bulgaria's Supreme Court of Cassation has confirmed a three-year jail sentence of Petar Petrov, aka Amigosa, for money laundering.
Amigosa was originally sentenced back in 2009 to five years in jail and a fine of BGN 25 000 by the Sofia City Court for laundering BGN 99 M, and heading an organized group smuggling cigarettes via Macedonia. However, his sentence was reduced to three years in prison by the Sofia Appellate Court.
Amigosa is known as the assistant of one of Bulgaria's legendary transition period mafia bosses – Ivan Todorov, aka the Doctor, who was shot dead in Sofia in 2006, after surviving several attempts on his life.
Bulgaria's Supreme Administrative Court has confirmed the acquittal of another defendant on the same charges – Tsveta Manavska, who was tried in absentia after fleeing abroad years ago.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Six People Are Accused of Tax Crimes in the Trade of Imported Drugs
- » Cat Smuggled Heroin into Prison in Sri Lanka And When Detained - Escapes
- » Alleged Gang Sexual Assault in a 5-Star Hotel in Egypt
- » 9 People Involved in a Criminal Group for Illegal Extraction and Sale of Wood Have Been Detained
- » 29-year-old Man Shot Near Sofia After a Car Race
- » 40 kg of Radioactive Blueberries From Chernobyl Were Seized by Ukrainian Border Patrol