Key Bulgarian Mobster Jailed for 3 Years for Money Laundering
Bulgaria's Supreme Court of Cassation has confirmed a three-year jail sentence of Petar Petrov, aka Amigosa, for money laundering.
Amigosa was originally sentenced back in 2009 to five years in jail and a fine of BGN 25 000 by the Sofia City Court for laundering BGN 99 M, and heading an organized group smuggling cigarettes via Macedonia. However, his sentence was reduced to three years in prison by the Sofia Appellate Court.
Amigosa is known as the assistant of one of Bulgaria's legendary transition period mafia bosses – Ivan Todorov, aka the Doctor, who was shot dead in Sofia in 2006, after surviving several attempts on his life.
Bulgaria's Supreme Administrative Court has confirmed the acquittal of another defendant on the same charges – Tsveta Manavska, who was tried in absentia after fleeing abroad years ago.
- » Former Interpol Chief Sentenced to more than 13 Years in Prison for Corruption
- » Nearly 100 Dangerous Prisoners Escaped from a Prison in Paraguay
- » Bulgarian Man Brutally Murdered in London
- » A Bulgarian was Seriously Injured in an Attack in Malta
- » A Child Opened Shooting at a School in Mexico
- » Bomb Blast at Quetta Mosque Killed at least 12 People