Bulgaria Braces up for More Heavy Snowfalls, Freezing Cold
Bulgaria is to see another wave of heavy snowfalls in most parts of the country, as well as strong winds in the east during the next few days, weather forecasts have warned.
On Thursday the mercury will drop to nine degrees below zero in the afternoon, which will be colder even in comparison to the morning temperatures.
The Eastern regions and the Rhodopi mountains will first record downpours that are to turn into snowfalls.
Bulgaria was thrown into chaos during the first days of the new year as heavy snow and torrential rains cut off electricity, stranded people, cars, buses and trucks.
Cold weather and heavy snow are believed to have caused the death of three men in a mountainous region near the town of Smolyan, Southern Bulgaria, at the beginning of January.
- » We Celebrate the Night of the Bats
- » Rain in the Southeast Part of Bulgaria Before Noon, Temperatures Between 20C and 23C
- » Two Powerful Earthquakes Registered in Indonesia Minutes Ago!
- » Indonesia Returns Tonnes of Waste to the West
- » Mostly Cloudy Weather Today, Rain is Expected in Many Areas
- » It Will Be Mostly Sunny Today, Isolated Showers Are Possible in the Mountains