3.2 Quake Shakes Bulgaria's Dospat near Greek Border
A mild earthquake was felt early on Tuesday in the town of Dospat in Bulgaria's Rhodopi Mountain, close to the Greek border.
The quake measured 3.2 on the Richter scale and struck at 7:25 a.m., the National Institute of Geophysics, Geodesy and Geography at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS) said in statement.
The epicenter was registered 11 kilometers southwest of the town Dospat, at a depth of 2 kilometers.
The tremor was felt in Dospat, even on lower floors of buildings, and was accompanied by a strong roar and a horizontal shock.
There are no reports of damages, injuries or panic among the town's residents.
- » Тhis Summer Was the Hottest on Record in the Northern Hemisphere
- » Neno Dimov: Less than 3% of the Imported Waste in 2018 Is Burned in TPPs
- » The Ozone Hole over Antarctica - the Smallest in almost 30 Years!
- » It Will be Sunny Again Today, with Highs Between 29C and 34C
- » It will be Sunny Today, with Scattered High Clouds Around Midday
- » Warm Weather on Sunday as well as in the New Week in Bulgaria