Naked Ukrainians FEMEN to Protest Home Violence in Bulgaria
Provocative Ukrainian female rights activists FEMEN are coming to Bulgarian capital Sofia Saturday to protest domestic violence against women and children and human trafficking.
The Ukrainans, who attracted global renown by staging intelligent and controversial protest actions while almost naked, say they have data that 1 in 4 Bulgarian women has been subjected to violence at home.
At the same time, the first ever guilty verdict for domestic violence in Bulgaria has been issued as late as end of 2011, argue FEMEN.
The Ukraine activists also state they have good reasons to believe that the number of Bulgarians who have become victims of human trafficking is much larger than officially reported.
FEMEN specifically presses for urgent and adequate amendments to the Bulgarian Criminal Code in the fields of violence against women and children, a just and equitable judiciary, as well as more severe and effective sentences for proven offenders.
The organization is being presented for the event with the slogan: "Their God is a Woman, their Mission is Protest, their Weapon are their Breasts!"
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 20 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny and increasingly Warm Temperatures this week
- » Floods in Northwestern Bulgaria caused severe Damages
- » 55% of Drivers in Bulgaria drive at Excessive Speed in Populated Areas
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 23 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria will have Medical Helicopters within a month