Bulgaria Mulls Renovation of Chalets to Suit Foreign Mountaineers
Society | September 5, 2002, Thursday // 00:00
Bulgarian Tourists Union (BTU) mulls how to finance the renovation of mountain chalets. With three European mountain routes (E3, E4, E8) crossing natural attractions-rich Bulgaria, hundreds of Dutch, German, British, Polish and Czech mountaineers visit BTU's two hundred and seventy chalets. Although being extremely cheap, they offer far than poor conditions in most cases. BTU activists will seek state subsidies for raising quality while keeping pocket-friendly prices. The 47th congress of the mountaineers' union will take place September 7 and 8 in the Rila Mountains at the only mountain school in Eastern Europe that trains climbers, rescue workers and cavers. BTU was founded in 1895 by foreign universities' graduates that picked up their passion from European mountain enthusiasts.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: A Woman Died in an Accident at the Brikеl TPP
- » Bulgaria: A Sticker shows Permanently Low Food Prices in Stores across the Country
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 139 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Cloudy and Rainy Weather in Bulgaria Today
- » The Pack of Dogs that Killed a Woman in Bulgaria have been Put Down
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 135 New Cases in the Last 24 hours