Explosion Injures 3 at Bulgaria's Largest Military Plant
Three workers were injured Tuesday by an explosion at VMZ Sopot, Bulgaria's largest military factory, with the lives of all of them out of danger.
Two of the injured have suffered only minor wounds and are being treated in the local hospital, while a third has been wounded more severely and was transported to a hospital in nearby city of Plovdiv.
The explosion was not occasioned by munitions, but rather occured during a routine production process due to a malfunctioning of the equipment.
Ivan Stoenchev, director of VMZ Sopot, has confirmed that investigations are underway for the incident, which he described as not being abnormal.
He also said that the most gravely injured worker's life is completely out of threat, but that he needs to have removed particles that penetrated his skin due to the explosion.
The Bulgarian government has officially decided last year to privatize VMZ Sopot, seeking a strategic investor.
The buyer will be required to invest in developing the factory, as well to take up its debts. You can read more about the privatization procedure HERE.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria is in the Top 50 Most Visited Countries in Google Street View in 2021
- » 1/3 of the Signals for Dangerous Foods in the EU are from Bulgaria
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 316 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgarian Author is Nominated for the Nobel Prize in Literature
- » Bulgaria: By the End of May 7,000 Ukrainian Refugees will be Moved from Varna to other Cities
- » Employee of a Funeral Agency is Detained in Relations to the 7 Bodies found near Sofia