Bulgarian Mountain Rescue Warn of Avalanche Hazard
After heavy snowfall Saturday, weather in Bulgarian mountains has cleared, but there is an increased avalanche hazard, warn the Bulgarian Mountain Rescue Service.
Sunday morning there is no snowfall in the high mountains, with temperatures above 2000 m around -10 C, and a mild wind. Frostbite is possible.
Trails are reported to be largely covered up in snow, as no tourists have walked them since the snowfall, and drifts have formed.
Hikers and skiers are strongly advised to be wary of the increased avalanche hazard, especially on windy slopes and around gullies and couloirs. They are reminded to only use winter trails.
Saturday ski lifts in the Borovets resort suffered a crash, but will be working Sunday; facilities at Pamporovo are also working.
- » Will the Weather in Bulgaria Surprise us Next Week?
- » Mount Etna WAKES UP
- » 5.3 Magnitude Earthquake Was Registered in Greece
- » It will be mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria, Isolated Showers and Thunder Possible
- » Mostly Sunny Weather Today, Highs between 27C and 32C
- » Sunny Today, Scattered Showers and Thunder