Number of Russians with Bulgarian Visa Up 32% in 2011
In 2001, Bulgarian Consular Offices in the Russian Federation had issued 32% more visas, compared to 2010.
The total number of visas in 2011 is 390 882.
The information was reported Wednesday by the press center of the Bulgarian Foreign Affairs Ministry.
The Consular Office in Sankt Petersburg registers a 13% increase in the number of visas, the one in Moscow – 36%.
The number if individual applicants and respectively visas is up 64%.
The increase is attributed to travels to Bulgaria of Russian citizens, who had purchased vacation and residential properties, along with members of their families and friends accompanying them.
In the last 3-4 years, over 200 000 Russians have purchased real estate in Bulgaria, valued at over USD 1 B, according to latest estimates.
- » Sofia is Among the 20 Cities with the Fastest Increase in Prices of Housing in the World
- » Housing Strategy Sets the Overall Policy for the Sector in Bulgaria by 2030
- » The Villages Around the Resorts in Bulgaria Attract with Cheap Properties
- » 42,000 Buildings in Bulgaria Need Renovation
- » The Price of Agricultural Land in Bulgaria has Risen by 5%
- » The Luxury Property Market in Bulgaria